The Norway-America Association (NORAM) is a non-profit organization that since 1919 has helped Norwegian students to study in North-America, and American students to study in Norway through scholarships. Annually, 4 million kroners are awarded as scholarships to about 40 recipients.
Our organization administers and awards scholarships from our own funds. We also work with organizations in the United States to help students gain experience between the two countries. Since 1919, NORAM has awarded around 5000 scholarships to Norwegian and American students.
Do you have experience from USA or Canada and are looking for a part time job? We are looking for someone to assist us in our daily work from February until the end of June with the possibility of extending the position. The position is suitable for a student.
Depending on your qualifications, some of your tasks might be:
- Event planning and attending educational fairs
Each year we plan several events and educational fairs. This year we also have our big centennial celebration on June 17th.
- Scholarship administration and communication with our partners
We work with organizations in the US who award scholarships as well as schools who award scholarships in addition to awarding our own scholarships.
- Membership administration
- Print design
- Marketing and advertising our scholarships
- Social media
- Digitizing of applications
- Experience from education in the US or Canada
- Excellent English skills
- Strong written skills (preferably both in English and Norwegian)
- Able to work independently
- Organized and creative
Why you should apply:
- You will join a small but motivated team. We work closely with and share offices with our sister organization Norwegians Worldwide.
- Open and bright offices with the best view in Oslo!
- High degree of individual responsibility.
- A great chance to get work experience from a broad set of tasks.
- A flexible position. Depending on your qualifications and wishes, we will agree on your tasks and working hours.
We offer one to two working days per week.
We hope you can start by the end of February and stay until June/July. There might be a need for more working hours around/after May, and it is possible we can extend the position to the fall.
If interested, please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com before Sunday the 17th of February.