Below you will find information about how you can apply to a scholarship from NORAM. Please keep in mind that all documents need to be submitted by April 1st.
Application for scholarship for American students:
Please follow these steps to submit your application:
- Electronic application in OpenWater (click)
- Contact/personal information
- Updated resume
- Personal Statement
- Official transcripts from all universities attended
- Budget for the requested scholarship period
- Two letters of recommendations (confidential)
- Sent by e-mail directly from the person recommending (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Letter of admission/invitation if already received. Proof of admission/invitation will be required if awarded a scholarship
- 2. Application fee payment (NOK 400) in Deltager.no (click)
Applicant is responsible for getting their application and payment, as well as supporting documents and letters of recommendation to NORAM within the deadline. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.
Keep in mind that all changes to the plans must be reported to NORAM. This includes changes of host institution, program, program length (and others changes) as it may impact the committee’s decision. Information that has not been disclosed may result in withdrawal of the scholarship.
Your application for scholarship will be reviewed by our scholarship committee. If the field of study is outside the scope of the committee, experts are consulted to review the academic quality of your plan/scope of project.
Applicants are notified at the end of May with the committee’s decision.
If awarded a scholarship, the award will be paid out approximately three weeks before the start of the program.