Norgesskolen, an annual two and a half week summer-school in Telemark, is run by the Norway-America Association (formerly Norwegians Worldwide).
Norgesskolen will return for summer 2022. Follow Norgesskolen on Facebook for the latest news.
For questions, contact Director Kristine Dehli at firstname.lastname@example.org
We want our students to:
- learn and practice the Norwegian language.
- increase their interest in the Norwegian language, culture and society.
- develop their knowledge and interest in Norway.
- participate in different sports and outdoor activities.
- experience an international environment and learn to overcome cultural barriers in a positive way.
- develop a network of other children/youth from around the world.
- experience a Norwegian summer.
- develop the Norwegian part of their identity.
Who can join Norgesskolen?
- Students aged 9 -18 living outside Norway – all over the world.
- Students with previous knowledge of Norwegian as well as beginners.
- Norwegian citizens as well as non-Norwegian citizens.
- Norwegian children/youth that want to improve their Norwegian and participate in an international environment.
The school takes place at Sagavoll Folkehøyskole in Telemark, a paradise for children and youth. It has a well-equipped sports hall, a football field, climbing wall and bouldering room. The surroundings give plenty of opportunity to go on hikes, go swimming in the river and visit places of historical and cultural importance.